Martin 4-0-4 Airliner
The 4-O-4 was the Glenn L. Martin Company’s last bid to enter the commercial air transport sector in the early 1950s. Martin assembled 105 4-O-4s. They were operated by the primary airlines for about 10 years and then saw extended service with small regional airlines and for private use. The Museum’s 4-O-4 was delivered to Eastern Air Lines in 1952. Its final owner, Manfred Leuthard, donated the aircraft to the Museum in 2001. It was flown from Camarillo, Calif., to Martin State Airport by Jeff Whitesell.