top of page
The Glenn L. Martin
Maryland Aviation Museum
This 2 seat general aviation plane was built by ERCO in Riverdale, MD, from 1940 until 1950, and later by other companies. In 1946 they were on display for purchase in the Men’s Department of Macy’s in New York City. The early models had no rudder pedals – turning the yoke controlled the ailerons and rudder, which prevented the plane from spinning. A disassembled Ercoupe manufactured in 1958 was donated to the museum and restored as an early 415-C model. It joined the flight line in August 2018. 5,685 were built, and several hundred are still being flown.
Click on the picture for a full screen slideshow
bottom of page